What is Home Staging?
Home staging is the process of preparing your home for sale in the real estate market by making your home appeal to the widest audience of potential buyers. It’s about editing and neutralizing your home so that it looks bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer, and most of all, an attractive home that any buyer would want to make their own. Since we live in our houses every day, we get used to the way they look and we personalize them so that they work and look the way that best suits our needs. But once you decide to sell your home, you’ll need to change this.
Many buyers have a difficult time imagining themselves sitting down to watch their favorite TV show in a living room filled with your knick knacks and photos of your family. They feel like they’re in a stranger’s home, which is exactly what you don’t want. You want to make it effortless for potential buyers to envision themselves living in your home and feeling comfortable there. That’s where home staging comes in! Home Stagers are practiced in the art of preparing a home for resale. They work with the ‘flow’ of the home to eliminate clutter, and edit and arrange furniture to show off a rooms size and finishes, so that your home makes the best first impression on potential buyers.
Will Home Staging Help Sell My Home?
As a full-service, client-focused team, we truly believe that staging makes a big difference in the sale of your home, but we’re not the only ones! Read through some Home Staging statistics that we’ve gathered for you:
- Staged homes sold 80% faster than non-staged homes, with 20% receiving multiple offers (Real Estate Staging Association, 2012)
- 92% of home buyers are using the internet for their home search (National Association of Realtors, 2013)
- Staging speeds sales in a sluggish market and can increase prices 2-10% in a moderate market. In luxury and hot markets, effective staging can boost prices 20-50% (Wall Street Journal, 2003)
How Home Staging with The Lotus Yuen Team Works?
92% of home buyers look at listings online before deciding to ever step foot inside of a home for a showing. The first impression of your home is now a digital one, which is one of the reasons why Home Staging is so important. When you list your home with The Lotus Yuen Team, you’ll go through the staging process before your home is professionally photographed and listed for sale.
- The Staging Consult – The consult will include a tour of your home, both inside and out, and a discussion afterwards about all of the options available to you, and Alicia’s recommendations on how to best prepare your home for sale. Alicia will bring fresh eyes, her natural artistic ability and her design background into your home and look at it from a potential buyer’s perspective.
- Preparation – In most cases staging your home will cost you absolutely nothing! Home staging is a complimentary service offered by The Lotus Yuen Team and Alicia’s goal is to work with the things that you already have to stage your home for sale. In some cases, such as outdated paint colours or an outdated bedspread, a minimal investment is necessary to get the home ready for sale.
- Professional Photos – After all of the staging preparation has been completed, our professional photographer and videographer will make an appointment to take photos and video of your home before it is listed for sale. Completing the staging of your home before it is photographed and listed on the market will make the best first impression to home buyers browsing online. It is one of our strategies to ensure that we are providing you with the highest level of customer service and a stress-free real estate experience!